One of 2 reserve tanks for the US tank tree, the M2A4 is the starter tank that later involves into the M3, M5, and M8 series of light tanks in the tree.
Design, Development, and History Edit
With design of the American light tank starting in the 20's with the T1 Light Tank, the project eventually culminated in the M2 series of light tanks, officially designated the M2 Light Tank 'Stuart' after Confederate General J.E.B Stuart.
In 1938 the decision to mount the 37mm M5 was made, creating the 4th series modification of the tank, the M2A4.
The M2's saw limited service in the Pacific theatre up until 1942 where they were replaced with the improved M3's, M4's, and M5's.
Pros and Cons Edit
- Fast, good mobility for its tier and easy to handle
- Good gun for its tier, good reload, good penetration, and accurate
- Fast turret traverse, faster than any other tank at its tier excluding SPAAGs
- Good turret armor
- Cramped crew, easy to oneshot with solid shot or APHE rounds
- Poor hull armor, flat all around and easy to penetrate
In-Game Strategy Edit
Is there even a strategy at tier I?